Please note that the BibliU platform can only be used to access ebooks. All courseware items e.g. Mindtap, Mastering, Revel, etc. should be accessed via the LMS (JetNet or Canvas) instead.
Please also note that there are two types of Courseware products, depending on the publisher and the product type:
A. LTI or Codeless Courseware. If your Courseware product is from McGraw Hill, Cengage* or Pearson Revel** then access codes are not required. You will just need to set up the course on the publisher website and then embed the link into your LMS (Canvas or JetNet). If you need assistance with this, please use the contact details below:
- Email the Pearson Customer Success Representative Katie Hinton at email@example.com
*The only product for which Cengage access codes are needed is the EncoderPro Expert 1 term (6 months) Instant Access item for the Principles of Coding/Billing class (MIC141.I60 and MIC141.I61). In this case, the codes are actually under the form of usernames and passwords and are provided by BibliU. All the other Cengage Courseware items do not require access codes and for those products, the integration should be done via the LMS (JetNet or Canvas).
**If your Pearson Courseware item is called Revel (as opposed to Mastering or MyLab and if this is relevant to the Writing Experience I course / ENG131), please see below:
1. The course needs to be created in Pearson Revel first. The Pearson CSR, Katie Hinton (firstname.lastname@example.org), can help with this if needed.
2. Once this is done, Jackson instructors will then be able to generate and embed a link to the Pearson Revel product they have just set up, into the LMS. Again, if any assistance is needed, please contact the Pearson CSR (email@example.com).
3. Please note that integrating Revel with the LMS is an option. According to Pearson, some instructors choose not to integrate Revel with the LMS. Below are videos that walk you through both options:
- Create or Copy a Revel Course without a Learning Management System / JetNet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-HzdVaola4
- Create or Copy a Revel Course with a Learning Management System / JetNet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQjRVskOqAY
4. Pearson unlocks Revel only for students belonging to classes where this Courseware product is needed; that is regardless of the instructor’s decision to embed the link into JetNet or not.
5. Students are able to access Revel through the links provided via JetNet or simply by clicking on it.
6. Users can access the Revel product directly through these links, without the need for access codes.
B. Access Code Courseware. If your title is from FA Davis, Jones Bartlett Learning, Cengage Encoder Pro, Pearson Mastering/MyLab*** or the Enjoyment of Music title from Norton then each user will receive a code on the BibliU platform that will allow them to redeem access to the title via the publisher website. To set this up correctly, please follow the steps below:
- Log into to your LMS (Jetnet or Canvas)
- Navigate to your class
- Turn on Edit Mode
- Scroll down to your class again and look for an option that allows you to add an activity/resource or plugin
- Name your activity/resource or plugin (we recommend including the word 'BibliU', the type of content and the title name e.g. "BibliU Ebook: Wuthering Heights")
- Save the changes and return to your class
- There should now be a BibliU link under your class
- Clicking onto the link will take you to the Library view on the BibliU platform, where you will be able to see all the titles you have access to (including the Courseware access code item you have added the link for above)
- Click on the Courseware access code title
- This should now present you with an access code
- Simply click the 'Copy' button right next to the code. This will copy the code to your clipboard and will launch the publisher page where you will need to redeem the code.
- On the BibliU page where the access code is displayed, you should also see a link to view instructions. These instructions outline how codes are redeemed. Please use these when redeeming your code.
***Please note that when redeeming Pearson Mastering/MyLab access codes, the platform will also require a Course ID. If you are a student, please ask your instructor/professor for the Course ID. In order for professors to get the Course ID, they will need to have set up the courses in MyLab/Mastering (Pearson). Instructors who use Pearson MyLab/Mastering products will often know how to set up their courses and generate the ‘course ID’ that they provide to the class. If you are an instructor and need help setting up your MyLab or Mastering course, then please reach out to the Pearson Customer Success Representative (CSR) for Jackson College Katie Hinton at firstname.lastname@example.org. New instructors with no prior experience with MyLab/Mastering that need instructor access and would like to learn more about the products in general can contact their dedicated Pearson Sales Representative Chris Delaney at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or encounter issues please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.