For any Courseware title that relied on access codes, BibliU used to email these to users, alongside instructions on how these access codes were redeemed. This was done as per an agreed schedule e.g. three days before class, on the day of class, three days after, etc. Some of the drawbacks of this approach meant that:
- If a student enrollment fell between any of the days the emails were sent out, the student would potentially need to wait for up to 72 hours to receive their code.
- All instructors as well as any student who enrolled before the first email was sent out, would continue to be emailed access codes and instructions (sometimes up to 5-6 times) which some users may have found disruptive.
- Users needed to refer back to an email every time they wanted to use an access code which may have sometimes been tricky if, for example, they accidentally deleted the email, or needed to search through tens of other emails.
FROM DECEMBER 27TH 2021
Any courseware title that uses access codes e.g. Pearson MyLab/Mastering, EncoderPro, Norton's Enjoyment of Music - will be accessible via the BibliU app starting December 27th. Here's how:
- Log onto the BibliU app
- You will now notice that any Courseware title that uses access codes will show up on your screen. The cover page will always say 'Courseware' and the title and author name will be listed underneath, as shown below*:
- Hovering over the title, you will get a prompt letting you know the book has an interactive component (i.e. Courseware) and that it contains an access code.
- Click on the title to open it
- Copy your code so you can use it on the publisher site (once you click 'publisher's site' or 'Copy code', BibliU will automatically open a second tab for you that takes you straight onto the publisher's website):
- Finally, please click on the last hyperlink, at the bottom of the page, in order to view instructions on how the code is redeemed.
- Follow the instructions to activate your Courseware product
- All done - good luck with your studies!
*Can't find your title on BibliU? That's probably because you haven't activated it. Simply go back to your LMS (e.g. JetNet/Moodle, Canvas, Blackboard) and click on each and every one of your classes. Now click the BibliU etextbook link. Your should now be able to view all your ebooks and access code Courseware items in one place. Remember, there is a second type of Courseware titles e.g. Pearson Revel, Virtual Labs, Mindtap, etc. that are codeless. Codeless Courseware titles are not accessible via BibliU and are instead accessed by going into your LMS (JetNet/Moodle, Canvas, Blackboard) > your class > clicking the link within.
If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to raise a ticket with our Support team!